HybridZ

Xe7 projector headlights

stroked_Z

Guest 280ZForce

well I don't have those exact lights, but those are based off mine and are very similar. I got them before they hit the american market and were available everywhere and anywhere (prototypes I actually imported from Germany). They are plug in play and they do work great.

So I'm not sure how they are compared to mine, but I'm guessing they'd be pretty much the same thing. And my opinion is that they're great, unique, very good lighting, don't blind everybody and are weatherproof unlike most of the guys who DIY them.

Here's my Z back when it looked a lot different from what is does now...

well I don't have those exact lights, but mine are very similar. I got them before they hit the american market and were available everywhere and anywhere.

So I'm not sure how they are compared to mine, but I'm guessing they'd be pretty much the same thing. And my opinion is that they're great, unique, very good lighting, don't blind everybody and are weatherproof unlike most of the guys who DIY them.

Here's my Z back when it looked a lot different from what is does now...

Click pics to enlarge...

th_IMG_1312.jpg th_IMG_0086a.jpg

$400 plus per side is crazy!

Not sure if anyone is using them yet, but i've been eyeing the Xe7 setup for almost 2 years. They're suppose to drop right in place of regular 7" round head lights. The only thing stopping me has been the price.

Guest 280ZForce
$400 plus per side is crazy!

When you order as a pair it's like $698, which includes everything you need. I think I've seen a couple websites even lower.

If you go DIY route and buy a nice set of bmw projectors or something close, the same quality bulbs and ballasts, you're going to spend a good $350-$500 on just that alone for a retrofit, and then you gotta buy the wiring, relays, fuses, make your own wiring harness for them, buy some cheap headlight housings, then take your time to hack them up and hope you mount the projectors straight, make a shield around the perimeter of the projector so they don't glare, and then have the fun of trying to weather proof them.

If you don't have the skills, the time to mess with DIY or if you just simply think your time is more valuable then doing it yourself, this is actually a nice cost effective way to go.