HybridZ

help! horrible noise!

There is a really bad sound coming from the back left corner of the car, it something rubbing on the half shaft or wheel but I can't figure it out!

I just swapped in a whole new rear end r200 and half shafts and disc brakes and now I have this grinding/rubbing sound that makes me afraid to drive.

It sounds like its only coming from the back left. Everything is mounted properly, I can confirm it's not the exhaust. Also, it only makes the sound when the car is on the ground. If I have the car up on jacks and turn the wheels you don't hear anything!

Got any ideas? Thanks!

My guess is a rear wheel bearing.

I had just finished my front suspension, drove the car and it started making a terrible noise. It went a away and came back a few times, took the wheel off and my inner bearing was destroyed. [i had been driving on the bad bearing for a while apparently]

Unfortunately I don't think the rears are as easy to check and install as the fronts, so hopefully its not that.