HybridZ

350z Driveshaft Yoke options

Pharaohabq

I'm getting a Nissan 6SP tranny, CD010. (VQ35HR) I am looking to find out what drivesshaft yokes may fit it since stock 350Z carbon fiber shafts are way expensive. So, Questions are:

What cars have that tranny, 350Z, G37, and... ?

What yokes are similar enough to fit that I could have a driveshaft made from?

Thanks,

Phar

Oh? Nice, SR20DET, Which tranny is that? 5 speed? Is it simlar to the Z32 tranny?

Frontier, 4.0L do you know which tranny that is?

I wonder if it'll fit the CD010(cd0009) trannys from 350Z? Does anyone know the Output shaft specs?

Splines?

Yoke diameter, outside/inside? length? I'd be suprised if the 280Z yoke fit straight up. the 350z is almost 2x the HP of the L28.

Phar

• 4 months later...

Well, I'll post a pict of it later, but I got a hacked off CF yoke for my tranny. The yoke itself is pretty stout, and I'll have the tube replaced with a standard or possibly aluminum tube once I get the tranny mounted and can take measurements. I assume the yokes are the same for all 350z/370z/G35/G37 since my yoke is off an 03 350Z, and my tranny is from an 08 G35. I didn't get to test any pathfinder or frontier yokes as none are readily availiable in my area. I might take it with me on my next U pull it jaunt and see if I can match it up to anything. I'm betting it'll be similar on any RWD recent year nissan. (oh I paid $15 for my yoke, just gotta keep an eye out, n ask people parting wreaked cars.)

I'll let you guys know if I find anything different or matching from alt years other makes.

Phar

Edited by Pharaohabq
price

Well, I'll post a pict of it later, but I got a hacked off CF yoke for my tranny. The yoke itself is pretty stout, and I'll have the tube replaced with a standard or possibly aluminum tube once I get the tranny mounted and can take measurements. I assume the yokes are the same for all 350z/370z/G35/G37 since my yoke is off an 03 350Z, and my tranny is from an 08 G35. I didn't get to test any pathfinder or frontier yokes as none are readily availiable in my area. I might take it with me on my next U pull it jaunt and see if I can match it up to anything. I'm betting it'll be similar on any RWD recent year nissan. (oh I paid $15 for my yoke, just gotta keep an eye out, n ask people parting wreaked cars.)

I'll let you guys know if I find anything different or matching from alt years other makes.

Phar

Let me know if a shop is willing to use that 'used' yoke. The 2 I've talked with mention unserviceable and need new pieces. I contacted one place the specializes in aftermarket yokes and they didn't have a 350z solution yet. :(

yeah, the shop I've got here, "U-joints" said it should be no problem, just to bring them the pieces and a length mesurment and they'd make me a new driveshaft. The 350z yoke I have has the CF remains on it, but they'll cut that off and put on a metal tube, then size it to my Diff flange.

I'm not sure what would be unserviceable about a takeoff yoke.

One place I know from my 4x4'ing days, that could make you a driveshaft if you can't find anywhere locally, is Tom Wood's Drive shafts, they'll make anything, and are happy to ship anywhere.

Same deal though, you'll need to send them the parts and a length mesurment, tho they might be able to provide a yoke.

Phar

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Yeah, I have a 350z yoke off a 08 350, but I haven't got things mounted yet to get a measurment so I haven't had a shaft made... but it's still on the list...

Phar

We now have NEW H.D. Yokes for the VQ 6 spd trans so we can make completly new drive shadt with "ALL" new parts.....

Mack Mckinney

Edited by fast-datsun