HybridZ

Potential Turbo doner

user395

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/cto/1015397036.html

I talked him down to a little over 1k (don't think I can pay that much for this car). He said his GF had helped him out with it (not a good idea, women do not understand the ways of men). I told him I was looking to spend between 500-800 depending what it came with. If I could part out some parts and make up some moneiZ then, I would pay a lil more. He said had to talk to his GF about it. It does have mega squirt system, he said cost 500 bucks and the rims are in good cond. I know these rimZ would sell for a nice buck. The car is pretty rusty it all the normal areas (hole in spare tire area), I might be able to save a door, one fender and maybe the hood. The interoir is shot big time! I would just be buying it for the drivetrain (to rebuild), rimZ, mega squirt and some few misc. parts for turbo swap.

My questions are:

How much do you guyZ think I could get for the rims and mega squirt (does anyone want to name a price and clam them)?

How much have you guys made parting out a car (I never have done this before)?

How much would/have you guys pay for a donor car?

Thanks for the help guys,

-Alex

How does it run? The motor seems like the only good thing.

It runs ok but, 183k on an auto tranny and a turbo is really high. I'm more or less trying to see what others have paid for their donor cars, to see if this is worth it. I know like only 20ish % of 280zx's were turbo so, it does make them rare. Paying what he is asking so I can spend tons of money to rebuild a motor and rebuild/upgrade the turbo would be hard for me to do. I don't think 1200 bucks for that car is worth it. Do you guys agree? I have been thinking making a firm offer of 700, do you guys think that is reasonable?