HybridZ

Request: CFD for my Intake Plenum

Mike_Gruizinga

Hello,

I have constructed a custom intake plenum for my VG30ET (Z31 application) in Solidworks 2007. Its a simple sheet metal design which is rather common for custom Z31 intakes, and is apparently somewhat effective.

I would like to run a flow analysis on the plenum, but I do not have access to the proper software. If anyone would like to donate their skills or time, it would be much appreciated. The goal here is not as extensive as MutantZ's plenum build, I simply want to ensure relatively even cylinder filling, and cut down on swirling.

I would like to get this done as soon as possible. I need to get this produced like...next week! Must make Branson z fest again!

i have attached a picture of my design, and its application below:

PlenumPicture.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

Thank you!

I agree, one of the best looking '31s I've seen. I think its more a problem of interest. I for one would love to see the results from testing this plenum, as my father has an '86 NA2T. Have you posted this inquiry on Z31performance.com or 88hybrid.com? If not, I would, as they are Z31 specific forums.

Thank you.

I am a very active member on both Z31P (mod actually..lol) and 88hybrid. Unfortunately, the few people I asked couldn't help.I was hesitating to post a thread about it on my "home" forums..it may come down to that though.

I figured I would try here after reading a few other plenum build threads on this site.

Best of luck to your dad and his '86. NA2T's are quite fun.