HybridZ

RB20 and RB25 AWD?

rayaapp2

Let me start by saying I dont know what Im talking about. That way no one gets confused by erroneous information. So I was just being nosy today and I stopped by Venus Auto to check out there stock and return a faulty ignition coil. While I waited I looked at the other RB engines on the shelves. I saw a RB20DET on a top shelf with what I thought was the "GT-R" AWD oil pan. Then I looked below it and there was a RB25DET AWD engine. Neither engines had transmissions, BUT both engines are stamped with their engine code but the block casting is obviously for the AWD setup. It has the wider block skirt and extra large bolts. So I dont live in a place with lots of skylines around to examine so I dont know what's going on. The "internet" says AWD = GT-R. I guess not? Im just not into the RB26DETT. Its cool factor is way up and other than the ITB setup Id rather just have the RB25DET for the price. BUT that is just personal preference so it doesn't matter I guess.

Not that this is super valuable information to everyone, but it could be for someone looking and I just wanted to satisfy my curiosity. Anyone know what these monstrosities would have spawned from?

Ray