HybridZ

Slipping 700r4

Guest jdllaugh

Guest jdllaugh

I'm hoping you guys might help me with a problem with a 1985 700r4 transmission even though it's not in my Z, but in my Hybrid S10. I think it's about ready to take a dump.

The trans pops out of gear and the engine races when you go to WOT in overdrive. It doesn't do this in regular D, only in (D). What might cause such a problem??? The truck also doesn't seem to have as much power as I expected when I went to the Camaro 3.4 V6, and I wonder if the trans is robbing power. Shifting is sluggish but not unreasonable. :confused:

The fluid looks clean and I changed the filter without benefit. Any thoughts? (I know the early 700r4s are weak -- I'm hoping for inspiration!) bonk.gif

I have a small kink in one of my trans cooler lines. This might cause over-heating but shouldn't directly effect performance, right? Both legs of the lines get hot, so I assume I'm getting flow to and from the cooler. I haven't noticed any burning of the fluid despite a recent 150+ mile trip.

I have the same problem with my vette 700r4. it's slipping when I'm WOT and manually shifting.

It's in my 240Z and when I shift it slips and goes 5-600 rpm's higher that when I shift then shifts. It is making me shift at 5600 to keep it under 6300.

Mike