HybridZ

Selling a car on eBay

BobbyZ

Hello all, I have a 280zx turbo that I can't seem to sell on CL and I was thinking I might have better luck on eBay. Has anyone here sold or bought a car on eBay? Is it worth the trouble to go through that whole process?

I don't know what else to do at this point. I really need to sell this car and I just can't drum up enough interest in it.

Here is the thread link and the newest listing.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=143620

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/1030011816.html

e-Bay will make it disappear, if your reserve is low enough, or you can roll the dice and start it a $100 and try to create a bidding war. Clean it up, post plenty of large images and a week later it's gone. Unless a kid with no money wins, or someone wins and then loses job, or.....

I've bought and sold a car on Ebay...

Chev Monte Carlo with 350ci.

A friend bought a car in the us and imported it for $1000 shipping. So I went and bought a car, then investigated shipping... cheapest I could find was $2000, which made it uneconomic, so I sold it again, still sitting in the previous owners back yard. for the same sum as I bought it... :P

it can be done, and successfully, but it's luck of the draw...

I sold my '65 Ford Galaxie on ebay. The winner was from the midwest and claimed that his tuck's transmission broke down before he could pay me. He gave me $100 for my trouble to relist and to keep me from trashing his feedback. I sold the car to the guy most interested in the car (most emails and most polite too) at my "buy it now price," outside of ebay. Awkwardly, it worked.

Davy