HybridZ

6L80E Auto Fit the tunnel in the 240sx?

Does anyone know if this will fit the 240sx s14? I can buy a 09 gto ls2 and it comes it the new 6L80E. Just not sure it this will fit or work for the 240sx considering that I can find many people that have tried the 6L80E in other projects with success.

Thank you

Jason

Jason,

Go over to LS1tech.com and check the Drivetrain or Transmission forum. Most here with LS1 swaps have T56 or 4L60 E transmissions in 240,260 and 280 Zs. The S14 swaps I have seen use the T56 6 speed, so you are going into uncharted waters !! You can find dimensions over on LS1 tech. If your S14 is already on jack stands, take some pictures and measurments of your tunnel, you may just need a BFH for it to fit.

Jason,

Go over to LS1tech.com and check the Drivetrain or Transmission forum. Most here with LS1 swaps have T56 or 4L60 E transmissions in 240,260 and 280 Zs. The S14 swaps I have seen use the T56 6 speed, so you are going into uncharted waters !! You can find dimensions over on LS1 tech. If your S14 is already on jack stands, take some pictures and measurments of your tunnel, you may just need a BFH for it to fit.

I appreciate the helpful response.

Thank you

'09 Gto?????

Yes sir, my last two projects wire both six speeds. Thought I would do an auto six speed which my wife is in favors. The multi disk clutches were hard for her to drive.

Currently bargaining on two 09 gto engines with the 6l80. All specs I have seen show it's slightly longer than the 460. I have research quite a few forums to see if anyone was successful with a 6l80 swap, and if anyone was able to wire up the paddles.

Thank you

Jason

Yes sir, my last two projects wire both six speeds. Thought I would do an auto six speed which my wife is in favors. The multi disk clutches were hard for her to drive.

Currently bargaining on two 09 gto engines with the 6l80. All specs I have seen show it's slightly longer than the 460. I have research quite a few forums to see if anyone was successful with a 6l80 swap, and if anyone was able to wire up the paddles.

Thank you

Jason

Jason,

The GTO was only produced 04-06. That's why I questioned the 09 GTO motor. Good luck though.

Mike

Jason,

O.K. , I thought maybe you imported a Holden drive train. Speaking of paddles , the owner of Breathless Performance converted a C6 ZO6 to paddle shifting, I do not know if they are C6 paddles or aftermarket like Twist Machines. He may be able to assist you.