HybridZ

N/A to Turbo Mockup

zbigtim

After collecting parts all winter and just got my P90 back from the machine shop, I was mocking up my intake, exhaust, and turbo this weekend. Running into a couple of problems.

One: I believe the PCV valve is going to be in the way of the compressor housing, depending on how I clock the housing.

Two: I was wanting to use the stock wastegate actuator for now, but don't have any good ideas on how to mount it on the larger T4 compressor housing.

I want to thank all the guys here on the Hybrid Z site for all of there hard work and sharing there of. This site is truly awesome, and I would not be to this stage without it.

Any ideas with these problems (which I think are minor) would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

DSCN0460.jpg

DSCN0459.jpg

DSCN0458.jpg

DSCN0457.jpg

What I did to keep the PCV was to drill and tap the heat shield boss that is basically in front of the stock PCV hole. Just go down to the hardware store and get a 1/4 NPT tap. The tap will have what size drill to use. Works good, although I do have a catch can between the PCV valve and the block outlet.

Aaron

Thanks for the replys, guys. I will be getting the stuff to tap and relocate the PCV, probably in the heat shield boss like aarang suggested.

Pyro, that is a very interesting idea on running the intercooler piping under the pan. But for right now the budget does not allow an intercooler. Maybe later this summer. I will definitely keep this in mind.

I was able to trim the mouning bracket on the WG actuator and get it mounted tonight. I will post pictures later.

• 2 months later...