HybridZ

6 speed from other Nizzan car?

Mudge

Has anyone considered, or aware of the possibilities of running a 6 speed trans from a 350Z or other car, on an L28? Is it doable, or would it require an adapter plate, or even further work?

Just taking a shot in the dark on possibilities before the someday-V8/T56 swap.

Thanks for posting your link, sss smile.gif I think you have a very trick setup that works well in a 510. I can't imagine the feel in a car like that, having owned an underpowered one in comparison. Ah well, I'll stick to V8 240Z cars for now :D

Thanks again!

Davy

theres been a couple sucessful mating of the t56 and the L motor, ss510 runs 11's or 10's with one of those. are you having trouble with your regular five speed? i run a na 280zx 81-83 and its been fine, granted im not running anymore than 240hp probably less. the 6 speed ive heard is weak. i remember once upon a time there was a link to conversion bellhousings that mated supra trans to l motor, i think stony got an adaptor to run a th400 behind the skyline motor?

If you road race you should be fine, as for drag guys, when you drop into the lower 10s thats when they start breaking on 3400#+ cars, and thats when the TH400s start coming out.

I know of a 10.8@130 successfully, and some other high 10s, but a local guy got into the low 10s and broke his I think 4 times and then gave up on the T56. Its strong enough, but with huge slicks and a heavy car... its abuse.