HybridZ

Injectors confusion

attworth

I've read the sticky, and I'm confused.

Stock L28 injectors are rated at 188cc according to the sticky, and according to AtlanticZ's site. Also on AtlanticZ they are stated to be 36 lb injectors. How is that possible? Looking around at other injectors, for instance - Lucas 30#/315cc p/n D1720BA from fiveomotorsports.com. Those are listed at 30 lbs, 315cc. Unless I'm just really ignorant, aren't CCs/Lbs a constant?

Anyway, in addition, I'm looking to replace my injectors. At least two of them are leaky, and none of them are flowing correctly. I was hoping to find a cheaper alternative to replacement injectors, and cannot have mine sent off to be cleaned and such, as I need to be able to drive the car. I can't really tell what a good size injector would be for me because of all of the conflicting data. I look at some 30 lb injectors and see 315cc - wayyy too much. Then I look at some 200cc injectors that are around 18lbs. :icon53:

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm looking at getting a pallnet rail. I'd like to go with the O-ring style as it's a bit cheaper and he says it doesn't require new injector holders (mine are about done.) Plus my injectors either need to be cleaned or replaced. If I can get some nice replacements for a good price, I'd rather do that. Two of them have a crack in the plastic where fuel sprays out. I think those are called Pintle Caps? Not sure.

Search the forums. There's a few good injector dealers out there. I remember one that sold rebuilt injectors for extremely cheap, but I can't remember the website off the top of my head. Anyhow, do a search on here for "new injectors" or "rebuilt injectors" and I'm sure you'll get some good hits.

I'm looking at getting a pallnet rail. I'd like to go with the O-ring style as it's a bit cheaper and he says it doesn't require new injector holders (mine are about done.) Plus my injectors either need to be cleaned or replaced. If I can get some nice replacements for a good price, I'd rather do that. Two of them have a crack in the plastic where fuel sprays out. I think those are called Pintle Caps? Not sure.

Hey Attworth-

I am currently building a 3.1 liter motor that has a healthy cam and other go fast mods that originally I was going to use Individual Throttle Bodies on. I have new EV14 injectors that are the new style with O rings and use the newer connector that flow about 350cc. These run at a slightly higher pressure (60psi instead of 45psi) and use an orifice plate instead of the pintle valve (EV1 style). This gives a much better spray pattern.

I decided not to go with the ITB's since I ran across a set of Mikuni carbs in great condition for 400.00 that I could not pass up. I can look up the Bosch part number on them for you when I get home later this evening and send you a photo if you are interested in them. I am planning on listing them here and on EBAY this week.

You would need to use a new style pallnet type of rail and get a variable pressure regulator ( ebay has tons of them with the gage ). I would like to get 200.00 for them.