HybridZ

T56 speedometer hook up???

80LS1T

So when I have my computer programmed after I am done modifing my engine; I will have to tell the guy what tire/rim size I have and rearend ratio for one of those Autometer gauges to work?

Is that how they are calibrated?

Thanks,

Guy 2thumbs.gif

Guest Mr. Big Business

You calibrate the speedo after you install it. You basically hold the button in for x number of seconds, drive 2 miles, stop, and push the bottun again. It then figures out how many pulses per mph your tranny is sending it, and it's exactly right from there on out. If you change your gearing and/or tire size, you just have to re-calibrate it. The phantom I just got in the mail has a tab labled "output", I assume that would hook to your computer somehow?

Henry

Guest Anonymous

T56 SPEEDOMETER

I was told that you could exchange a T5 extension housing utilizing mechnical speedometer

with a T56 housing utiling electronic sppeedometer. Besides the housing, only the speedomter gear would need to installed on the

output shaft. I gotten a chance to check this

out but seems possible. Let me know if it works.

Sunny

Guest Anonymous

T56 SPEEDOMETER

I was told that you could exchange a T5 extension housing utilizing mechnical speedometer

with a T56 housing utiling electronic sppeedometer. Besides the housing, only the speedomter gear would need to installed on the

output shaft. I've had not a chance to check this

out but seems possible. Let me know if anyone

tried it.

Sunny