HybridZ

300z tt differential

SBC_400

how much adjusting was need on the diff itself, and will I need to change my driveshaft, due to any difference in lengths?

my car is in running driving condition right now with a sbc 400, turbo 350 trans, and the stock r180.

and also, how much better is this rear end than a r200?

My diff is out of a Q45. The R200 is supposedly plenty strong enough, but finding a LSD unit is tough. The R230 is oem viscous LSD.

You will have to change the flange on your driveshaft. As for length, not sure on yours, but mine, with a T56, is 27 inches long or so.

If you aren't too worried about having LSD, then the R200 is a bolt in upgrade. The R230 is a 230mm diff, which is slightly larger than the Ford 9".

Tim

You'll need:

R200 mustache bar, redrilled (take to a machine shop...trust me!)

Fab a new cross-member (the one below the mustache bar where the control arms mount)

Fab a new front diff mount.

2 SETS of sideshafts (R230) to get 4 inner CV housings (bolt up flanges)

New side shafts.

Some pics of mine here

And some more here.

All in all, it's not difficult, but is very time consuming, especially to ensure that the drive angles are good for the drive shaft. I used a solid (no universal joints) driveshaft for alignment purposes.

I am working on a kit, but until I can test my designs in real life, I am not willing to sell anything.

HTH,

Tim