HybridZ

1983 280zx clutch disk, pressure plate, alternator, and stock exhaust and CAT :)

rejracer

Greetings and Salutations!

I have an 83 parts car here in Sacramento, CA. I was planning on pulling the trans for a swap, but I found another trans on the cheap. So now I am left with a 99.9% complete parts car. I also happen to have a friend in need of her first set of wheels. She is broke, in college, and working when she can. We are trying to get this parts car up and running for her, and we know we need the following parts.

1. clutch - 100 for kit (pressure Plate, disk, and throwout)

2. exhaust - needs everything from the manifold back. 200.00 new

3. Alternator - 48.79

4. Battery - 60.00

This is also an educational experience for her. I in this post am attempting to show her how to be incredibly, creatively, and stunningly cheap. Having fun at this is also part of the "lesson". I hope you get a few laughs out of this.

So with that said, lets try an reverse auction here. Let's call this rebay. Here are the rules:

This is intended to be fun for all.

I have posted above what we can get the parts for from the likes of rock auto, and local discount places. What I want you guys to do is to "bid" on the parts you have for sale. Post your price for your good parts, but it must be below the price we can get the parts for.

Parts "selling" for negative amounts will be allowed. (very generous of us, I must admit). Negative amounts could be used to offset other costs. (hey this is the internet you can ask for the world!) No it's not required, of course.

As an added bonus, any folks who "sell" a part for a negative amount will receive exclusive footage of the neophytes first burnout attempts. She has never driven a manual in her life.

We are looking for stock reliable parts with a bit of service life left. Nothing fancy. One's man's junk is another's treasure.

The lowest bidder "wins". Shipping is to 95673, local pickup preferred.

If you win, you get the following:

1. Junk, I mean parts out of your garage.

2. Satisfaction, knowing you are helping a young lass in need. Also be satisified that this is the closest thing to breaking the 4th hybrid z classified commandment (no auctions). This is better than Hybrid Z admins selling indulgences. This is almost as good as not searching. You deserve this!

3. Appreciation, as she truly appreciates "free" stuff on her meager income.

4. Laughs, knowing you outbid some sleezy internet parts hound trying to hoc his overpriced stuff to a maiden in distress. You sure showed him! Ohh yeah.. getting the 1 up on someone is (hopefully like the parts she will get out of this), PRICELESS.

5. Entertainment. The fact that your still reading this indicates your not selling parts for the money, have a good heart, or you have never seen such a unique idea so skillfully and modestly executed on hybrid z. This entertains you, and gives the desire to support the performing arts of cheapskatedness. Of course purposely selling parts for the lowest possible price could also indicate that you are a leading contributor to the shed, but I digress...

6. Education. Being resourceful is one of the keys to success. This very thread is teaching the feminine neophyte resourcefulness. In additiona you can show this to your children, and your children's children. Think of the money that can be saved, and all if you participate in this program. It's a win-win!

7. Praise. that's right. If you are the winner, I will post up an honorary post thanking you for your generous support. Your peers will admire you, your loved ones will cleave to you, and your cat will quit leaving prints on your Z. (please don't ship the cat) Come to think of it, my dad needs a cat as the neighbors dog killed our last one about 2 months ago. Air mail?

8. Redemption. Do you know how many S130's have been sacrificed as a result of Hybrid Z? You could save this one, just this one, from being parted out. Wouldn't that make you feel dandy, as well as save you from S130 part out perdition? Your soul will sleep better at night knowing that you saved an S130 instead of feasting on it's parted out carcass of cheap and serviceable parts. Actually that does not really make me feel better because I like cheap parts and feel good knowing I am running 3.90's in my 240, as well as a 5 speed, electronic ignition, zx rear brakes, (ouch a maxima too!!! ohh the horror!! is no one safe in this world!!) But we are banking on you not being as cruel and heartless as me, and will not burden you with anymore internal struggles.

Thanks for reading

-Robert

PS. while we are asking for the world here....any shipped cats should be good mousers(don't want to feed it to, too cheap), male, affectionate and up to date on shots. Catscans will also be required to determine if aformentioned feline is desireable and aesthetically pleasing.

Example Catscan:

Bootonscanner.jpg

Getting the catscan was somewhat difficult as the feline wanted to bat at the scan bar as it went by. only by placing ample pressure on the shoulders and hip of the feline could we get the scan. After several attempts we gave up on the ADF unit, it simply would not work.

PPS. If this ends up getting shedded, I at least ask that it gets stickied in the shed. I've worked too hard on this post to have it all for naught. Come to think of it, I wonder if this would get more traffic in the shed.... hrmm... There's more than one path to a solution.

I will add that the above catscanned cat "boots" was given to us by the girls family. Truly giving people!

Now the irony in all of this is I had to go to a lot of trouble to catch the previously catscanned in their back yard. This is very similar in that she i going to go through much trouble to get the Z our of my backyard.

What we won't do for a little love...

CKelly,

Free is hard to pass up. Free is good, actually I am having trouble describing how good free is. Free is just sooooo.... Free!

We accept! I'll PM you the shipping address and work out payment details.

Shameless low down cheapness in action:

Technically free does not qualify for the exclusive noobian burnout video. A small shipping subsidy could get you that video. Upgrade today!

and no kitteh?

thank you very much, she appreciates it!

-Robert

When she read this thread she was a bit mortified that we scanned boots. well here's another, titled, boot's boots.

BootsBoots.jpg

Roger,

Thanks for the offer, The exhaust Manifold however, is fine on this car. The issue is that the pipes are cracked/rusted and the muffler has several holes in it.

JSM,

I am also contemplating upgrading my own clutch and giving her my old unit, which is in perfect condition, but 10 years old. I will think about it a bit more, and consider all the options which come along.

This presents a new option, which is me buying a new unit I am looking for a lightweight steel flywheel, and an ACT clutch. I was going to go 225 mm. So if anyone has one of those for sale, let me know how much. Obviously this is not part of our little rebay experiment, so I wont cheap out on you, if you have one to offer.

I (and Christie Ann) appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

Alright all,

I was able to weld up the exhaust pipe, and welded on a tip as well. I was welding on very thin metal. You know, take one pass and it cracks above where you just welded. One of my welds ended up being 2" wide. Not pretty that's for sure. I'm not sure if it's going to hold, but it works for now.

The alternator from ckelly78z works great. It's very much appreciated.

As far as the clutch, I donated my old clutch setup as I just invested in a new setup for my Z. I also parted with other items to get this machine up on the road. After cleaning every electrical connection in the engine bay, new distributor, new plugs and wires, running fuel injector cleaner through it, new battery, battery hold down an battery cable ends it runs great! No hesitation, no stumble, just a good running Z car.

Car is down now for the clutch install.

We are in the market for a NA driveshaft. I have contacted all I could find that have a driveshaft listed in parts for sale section. So if you have a low mileage/good condition driveshaft for a NA 5spd car, I'd like to hear about it!

Dad still needs a cat though. New neighbors have a pretty cool persian. I however will not be involved in any unauthorized feline redistribution.