HybridZ

how hard is it to fabricate a drive shaft or do you have to

Guest 2002sentraSER

Guest 2002sentraSER

i am trying to piece together the cost of the swap based on all the parts and what parts i have to get made. Do you have to get one made to fit the datsun and if so where to get one in northern va and also is there any other parts that i have to have made and what is the vcost of those if you know also drive shaft pricing thanks

Guest Anonymous

Prices will range from $50.00 to $250.00. Shop around. There is no need to worry about a drive line until you get the Tranny and differential you want in place. Then you measure the length between the diff and tranny..I found a Corvette aluminum drive shaft with new 1310 Spicer ujoints at a swap meet for $10.00 bucks. Could not find any shop in Oregon that heliarced welded aluminum. My Donar Chevrolet was equipped with "plastic retained" Pontiac ujoints.I had planned to shorten and weld the donar driveshaft myself and have it balanced but the ujoints were not the required 1310 Spicer. Stopped at a Motor head garage sale and that ol hot rodder and I did some serious trading. He shortened and heliarced the drive shaft and retained the oem balance weights.If needed I can have re-balanced later.What you will need is an adapter flange Neapco # 2-2-899-1 to mate the GM driveshft's 1310 spicer u joints to the standard square flanged pinion on the R200. My drive shaft was shortened to 22.5 inches from ujoint center to center for a 2004R GM tranny for a 350 SBC in the JTR set back/R200 diff. There was a thread that contained a lot of drive shaft lengths posted for a lot of applications.