HybridZ

Removal of stock 240z in tank sock?

has anyone succesfully Removed the sock or filter in the tank? I could not see it when it was out. a good idea or bad idea? my sock is clogged, i am using a fuel filter before the pump and its just getting a trickle and starving the pump. i shot air backward into the tank through the pickup and it worked fine for a little while, but then after 30 min it choked the pump again. this is an efi setup. thanks!

has anyone succesfully Removed the sock or filter in the tank? I could not see it when it was out. a good idea or bad idea? my sock is clogged, i am using a fuel filter before the pump and its just getting a trickle and starving the pump. i shot air backward into the tank through the pickup and it worked fine for a little while, but then after 30 min it choked the pump again. this is an efi setup. thanks!

I just cut the top of my early 240Z tank to install an in tank pump. My intake tube does not have a sock or filter at all. It just runs from the side over the top of a small divider to about 1/4 inch above the bottom of my tank. Just to one side of the drain plug.

You may have sediment in your tank and that is being picked up. Drain your tank and see if that helps.

g