HybridZ

Z32 / LS1 Mount Kit!!

Hey guys,

For those out their swapping LSx's into the Z32 300zx chassis, I wanted to share some interesting news regarding oil pan options. According to Sikky Manufacturing, they are in process of launching a Z32 / LS1 mount kit very similar to their popular S13/14 kit shown here:

S14Kitpic.jpg

I received this information in response to an email I sent to tech@sikky.com - they stated the kit should be completed in a couple of months! :-D

• Administrators

Hmmm.... Been in touch with them regarding some of the details and dimensions for this conversion, didn't know they were going public with the announcement yet!

Their kits are thorough and custom parts are well designed, quality craftsmanship. Looking forward to it.

Edited by BRAAP

Is this a kit that will have to cut the firewall???

Yes i am very interested about what has to be done about the firewall/lower cross member. As much as I think having kits takes away from the people that went out and did it themselves maybe now I will get up off my ass and finally do the swap I have been talking about for 5+ years.

Is this a kit that will have to cut the firewall???

The only fabrication needed for the S13/S14 application is banging a few 1" dents into sections of the trans tunnel to clear the bell housing. I am not sure how much larger or smaller the Z32 clearances will be in comparison, but I am guessing no cutting will be required (or why buy the $1,700 kit right?!)

BRAAP,

Do you think you will be done with your swap before this kit gets released? Maybe launch a competitive unit????? :wink:

• Administrators

BRAAP,

Do you think you will be done with your swap before this kit gets released? Maybe launch a competitive unit????? :wink:

I have no intentions of being in competition with Sikky, actually, on the contrary. We would prefer to be in collaboration of sorts in bringing this to fruition. As close to a bolt-in as possible. Our input and testing, their fabrication.

I have no desire in fabricating kits. We have already shared much of the specific dimensions with Sikky, in the end we would like be a dealer for this kit, hence my confusion over your public announcement right now... scratch.gif

i 110% agree with you braap... the whole point of this site has been an open book as far as specs, and info goes. i have been a member of this site for a long time, and have always looked at it as the place where people come for answers, and not flaming, bs, or quick fixes that may not be correct.

if i find a way to fit my ls1/t56 in my z32, it is open to eveyone here. this is what i feel that has made hybidz the best "car specific" forum around. i am throwing my hat in the ring on any info i can give on making this happen.

just an update. between honey-dos and the IHRA races in Louisiana this weekend, i was able to mount the modified X-Member. have lots of pics, but my home comp is infected!!!!! will try and get some up soon!!!!!