HybridZ

240z runs very rough hot, intermittently

This is my first time posting on this forum. I did some searching and couldn't find a solution to my proplem. I have a 1971 240Z that I have completely restored. We have had an intermittent problem since we purchased the car 3 years ago and it continues to this day. It will intermitently run extreamely rough and virtually stall when hot. Its is like its dropping one carb. I dissassembled and cleaned the SU carbs per the Z therapy video (several years ago). The fuel tank has been cleaned and treated with sealer. The fuel lines have been cleaned, flushed and all of the hoses replaced. I added an electric fuel pump from an RX7 in the back and replaced the mechanical fuel pump up front with a new MSA replacment pump. I recently replaced the fuel inlet valves and reset the float level. The car has a 280zx distributor with new plug wires, cap and rotor and we have replaced the module once trying to resolve this issue. I am begining to think that one of the carb slides/pistons may be sticking when the car gets hot. I don't remember this problem occuring until quite some time after I cleaned and adjusted the carbs. I'm hoping for any suggestions, the car always seems to act up when Im away from home and my wife has to put up with it.

Edited by whamo
spelling