HybridZ

My Q45 rear end upgrade

Blown77Z

UPDATE !

I just checked out the rear end after taking it to the drag strip last week :mrgreen:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=147344

I wanted to make sure everything was OK and up to par for this weekend ;)

The only thing I found wrong was on the driver side axle. The large outer boot clamp next to the diff had been thrown off ! Probably due to the wheel hopping I had last week at the strip, hehe. I went ahead and replaced ALL of the cv boot clamps with the worm gear style hose clamps like I did on the passenger side.

I found nothing wrong with my passenger axle assembly, woot !

I also placed my home made o-rings on the driver side Q45 housing lips(both sides) like I had previously done on the passenger side, just as extra precaution for keeping the end stops from moving outward.

Q45_Oring.JPG

Coming up on this Friday, 7s on street tires :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple questions about your setup and axle you bought since I'm about buy the axle from MSA.

Did you center your diff cover from the back with the pinion flange offset or did you center your pinion flange in line with the driveshaft and your diff cover offset?

Do you happen to have the exact length of the shafts you bought and what did MSA have to say about your problems?

I'm no expert on CV's but I would think they be setup to have enough travel for normal driving squat(full compression) and full droop. I could see them fully expanding and maxing out the CV boots but still held place by large C clips the clips and keeping them from popping out when Jacked up on stands.

I just don't understand how MSA would not have warned about this little problem. Thanks