HybridZ

WTB: SBC 5.7" rods. set of 7 or 6. threw a...

benz-tech

Rod? Have buddies that are into SBC Chevys? I would like a cheap "set" of 6 or 7 good quality rods for a VG30 project. 2.1" journal, .927 bushed wrist. Hopefully there are enough of you Chevy-engine guys on here to help. This might not be the best place to post but I am not a member of any Chevy forums. Must be Cheap! Preferably aftermarket. Don't laugh.

thanks

Rod? Have buddies that are into SBC Chevys? I would like a cheap "set" of 6 or 7 good quality rods for a VG30 project. 2.1" journal, .927 bushed wrist. Hopefully there are enough of you Chevy-engine guys on here to help. This might not be the best place to post but I am not a member of any Chevy forums. Must be Cheap! Preferably aftermarket. Don't laugh.

thanks

My friend has a set of chevy "pink" rods that he has been looking to get rid of, dont know the price, but PM me a reminder and i will ask him.

• 2 weeks later...

I might be mothballing this for now. After installing Isky 280 cams and even with 9.0:1 comppression, my 510 has ample acceleration. Its downright scary at times. NOT because it is massively fast mind you, but because 200+ HP in a 510 can be quite a handful. Installing the 12:1 pistons(requiring SBC 5.7" rods) I have, with the subsequent proper tuning, might just make it too fast...at least for me.

I might be mothballing this for now. After installing Isky 280 cams and even with 9.0:1 comppression, my 510 has ample acceleration. Its downright scary at times. NOT because it is massively fast mind you, but because 200+ HP in a 510 can be quite a handful. Installing the 12:1 pistons(requiring SBC 5.7" rods) I have, with the subsequent proper tuning, might just make it too fast...at least for me.
imagine having 380WHP from 3000-6800 RPM's in a 2500 pound z with 255's!!!