HybridZ

Optimal ride heigth of 240Z

I did a few searches but possibly not using the right search criteria. I am looking to find the ideal car heigth for maximum handling. I know there are probably other variables but I want to concentrate on the actual heigth of the car and where one would actually measure this.

I have 17" rims/tires and also have coil overs and want to adjust the heighth to the best of my abilities. I have fender flares so measuring the ground to the fender would not probably work. How about a static measurement from the ground to the cross member front and back? Maybe ground to front and rear bumpers? I don't have all the suspension components upgraded yet so I want to get what is ideal and not something that is going to put undue stresses on other things.

Any help or another link for me to read up on this would be appreciated.:-D

James

Edited by Gixxer Squid
added more

Thanks Kenny, just what I was looking for but did not get the right search parameters.

Dumb question though but I dont know what it is.

What is front of the rocker outboard of the pinch weld seam? ( where I am supposed to measure too?) Anyone have a picture of it as I am better with pictures:cry2:

James

Thanks guys,

There is maybe 1/4" difference between the pinch weld and the actual rocker and based on the above link, it says 6-6 1/2 inches so I think there is a little leeway there for error.

Lowering created another problem though in that the 3" mandrel bent exhaust system is now 3 1/2 off the ground for these annoying speed bumps people place in the road:icon56: Anyone create Hydraulics for there Z yet?:icon15::icon45:

J

Hehe. Where in California do you roam? Im in the Easy Bay Area.

My car is a 260z and its confused on wether it wants to be a 240z or a 280z. I have parts from both cars, so I will be swapping all four strut assemblies from a 240z parts car I have. Im hoping that will bring my car down closer to where it should be. The new suspension is like 2-3 inches taller than the earlier stuff. :(

Hehe. Where in California do you roam? Im in the Easy Bay Area.

My car is a 260z and its confused on wether it wants to be a 240z or a 280z. I have parts from both cars, so I will be swapping all four strut assemblies from a 240z parts car I have. Im hoping that will bring my car down closer to where it should be. The new suspension is like 2-3 inches taller than the earlier stuff. :(

I would like to roam all over but lately the car has not moved in a month after blowing up:twisted:. Rebello is going to be done with it in two weeks and then I will be out and about, primarily in the SJ area though unless a ride is organized somewhere else at some time.

J