HybridZ

Grinding noise/feeling deceleration/high RPM

Mudge

I've read that this was probably due to improper backlash settings on the rear gear. Basically I have a severe grinding sensation/noise from the rear end, but obviously this vibration/feeling is transmitting to the transmission also.

Mostly on deceleration I have gear whine, but if I take it up to 5k or so quickly the noise and vibration both are pretty bad.

I am fairly certain that the gears are not stock, but I haven't checked yet, due to the RPMs on the freeway though (if the tach is accurate) then I know its definately not stock.

Transmission is an early 5 speed...

No rear sway bar, and the grinding is pretty damn loud, so much so that you feel like something is going to break soon. You really can feel a constant grinding feeling being transmitted to the shifter, I can tell its coming from the rear pretty clearly though.

Guest De Schmaydee

....when and how exactly is it doin'it...decelerating w/the clutch in/out ...in all gears? "only" on deceleration...could be a bunch of things.....i'd look first at the differential mount/s and check for looseness in the driveshaft,1/2shafts(or cv's)and wheel/diff/tranny bearings....s