HybridZ

my 280 project

Looks great so far.

Do you have any shots of the fab of the rear hatch conversion?

I originally was going to do this as well, then chickened out since I had such a crap welder. But I just scored a really nice Lincoln welder so now that's back on the table!!

Did you reinforce the undercarriage since you took away the cabin?

Looks great so far.

I originally was going to do this as well, then chickened out since I had such a crap welder. But I just scored a really nice Lincoln welder so now that's back on the table!!

Sorry no pix of the early part but I can show you in detail where to cut yours and if you are feeling rather lucky some where I saw one with a working trunk , I have some ideas of how to do this . And yes I will be doing something about the frame but at a cost of interior look . My solution is to build a roll cage tha basically connects the 4 strut towers together as one big box (a removable strut bar connects the front) with an x brace running thru the doors from front to back. In my new pix you can see how the wind sheild was cut .The new one is chopped down a further 4 " Learned how to do that after the glass guy succeeded at cutting the glass. had to section the wind sheild frame by cutting the frame in 3 places and welding in a piece from a donor car which I might add got some good looks as two white guys cut a 6" x 20 " strip out of the wind shield frame of the donor car at the junk yard again with the now infamous sawz em all. I figure any way why not it has z right in the name......:twisted:

Looks great so far.

Isee that you are in colo you are more than welcome to come look any time. here fishy fishy

Pic133_thumb.jpg

Pic136_thumb.jpg

Pic142_thumb.JPG

Pic168_thumb.jpg