HybridZ

electronic sensors on tranny?

HICKL

Ok guys, I need some help again. I pulled the 4 speed out of my 76 to put in a 5 speed (I believe out of a 78) anyway, my 4 speed has two sensors, 4 wires connected to it. The 5 speed only has 1 sensor(2 wires). I figure one is the back up lights, what would the other be?

Thanks for any input.

Jeff

one is the reverse switch that activates the back up lights, the other is the neutral switch. I believe they are both on the same wiring harness? I can't remember which switch is position where, but it should be evident when you connect them - do it one switch at a time with the transmission in reverse and the key turned to accessory - when the back up lights are illuminated you have the correct connection.... the remaining wires go to the neutral switch. Picture below shows my original '76 4 speed with both sensors on the passenger side of the front case. You may be able to blow it up for closer inspection if you copy it.

17147660.jpg