HybridZ

Shifter

Bohnzii

I've come to a point in my project I hope some of you guys that have 'been there done that' can help me with. I have a th350 transmission in my Z and I need some info on which shifter to use.

I have an early 74 that originaly had a manual transmission. I want to use the console that came in the car. The opening in the console is about 6.75 in. long and about 4.50 in. wide at the top tapering to about 3.50 in. at the bottom.

If I plate the opening on the transmission tunnel closed is there a shifter that will fit in the console opening or am I looking at recessing down in the tunnel a bit to make something like a Hurst quarter stick work? Am I going to have to cut the console some? Any suggestions, info, ideas and input are much apreciated! Why reinvent the wheel if someone has already done it?

GREAT! that's exactly what I was looking for. I needed some info before I laid out the hard cash for the right shifter. A picture is worth a thousand words. Can you email the photos or regular mail? I thank you for responding and if I can reciprocate in some way let me know!

BOHNZII

No no, that's not what I'm getting at--if he's doing a Scarab mounted TH350, his install will look only vaguely like Don's. He may wonder "how in the heck he could mount it in the stock location?" if they have different kits---that's all I was getting at really.

Davy

the shifter does just move the cable. it doesnt really matter where the shifter itself is mounted as long as th driver can reach it. i have a b&m pro stick in my car and am switching from the hooker/scarab kit to the jtr kit. my shifter will remain where it is.

btw, i did have to cut my center console some, but that's because i wanted to use the b&m cover. other than that, my installation is like don's, with my shifter mounted to a plate. fddbae76.jpg