HybridZ

My new powder coated bumper

PETEW

I just wanted to post this quickly to show everyone my rear bumper now that it is powder coated. The previous owner of my 1973 240 has a powder coating business (thepowdercoater.com) and he did it for me as a favor. The job is really top notch and makes the car look a ton better. The old bumper was very worn and the chrome was almost gone in spots. The rubber was dry rotting and I just didn't like the C clamp pieces. I decided to weld in all the holes grind them flush and then have Mike powder coat it black for me. I think the difference is fantastic. If you need any good powder coating work done, I would recommend him. Enjoy!

240Z old bumper_thumb.JPG

240Z Rear Bumper 0309_thumb.JPG

Looks great. However, it seems like it would have been good to just go with a carbon fiber or fiberglass bumper instead and sell that bumper to someone going original. Oh well, just a thought.

I was thinking of that, but I have heard of fitment issues with the fiberglass bumpers. This bumper was not in that great of a condition any way. I knocked out some dents and like I said the chrome was shot.

I like it, it flows with the black decals on the sides well.

That is what I thought. It makes it look more complete.

Now you just need to black out the window trim....

I said the same thing to my wife. I am going to try and do that soon, but I am really in the mood to drive now. ;)

Here is a better side shot of the car so you can see the entire car. I think it looks higher because of using smaller wheels. If I had 17's on it, it would look a lot better, I think.

If you have the correct overall diameter, it shouldn't make much difference. Really, it looks like your tires are under 24". I don't recall the specific "correct" tire height, but yours look smaller.

If you have the correct overall diameter, it shouldn't make much difference. Really, it looks like your tires are under 24". I don't recall the specific "correct" tire height, but yours look smaller.

I was going to say something similiar. Tires look a tad short but the overall look of the car is bang on.