HybridZ

timing chain slipping/car wont start

boostedZ

• Administrators

For clarification sakes, not all Turbo dizzys are clock-able 180 degrees, probably should not blanket statement that they can.

For example, this particular Turbo Dizzy we have in the shop pictured below with its splined quill shaft shaft also as a half moon on top of the splines, matching counterpart in the dizzy, so it will only clock in ONE position on the quill shaft only not two. i.e. if you remove the dizzy alone, you can not rotate it 180 degrees and reinstall it, it wont go! It will only go in in one orientation. Are all the Turbo Dizzy's this way? I dunno, I don’t play with those much or enough to know for sure, but I don this particular 280-ZX Turbo dizzy wont allow you to rotate the rotor 180 degrees without also rotating the quill shaft.

The N/A dizzy with the flat blade/slot arrangement has that slot offset to one side, it also can only be clocked to the quill in one spot only.

To rotate the dizzy with the above mentioned designs requires removing the oil pump and the quill shaft 180 degrees, then spinning the quill shaft 180 degrees.

DSC_1470.jpg

DSC_1471.jpg

For clarification sakes, not all Turbo dizzys are clock-able 180 degrees, probably should not blanket statement that they can.

For example, this particular Turbo Dizzy we have in the shop pictured below with its splined quill shaft shaft also as a half moon on top of the splines, matching counterpart in the dizzy, so it will only clock in ONE position on the quill shaft only not two. i.e. if you remove the dizzy alone, you can not rotate it 180 degrees and reinstall it, it wont go! It will only go in in one orientation. Are all the Turbo Dizzy's this way? I dunno, I don’t play with those much or enough to know for sure, but I don this particular 280-ZX Turbo dizzy wont allow you to rotate the rotor 180 degrees without also rotating the quill shaft.

The N/A dizzy with the flat blade/slot arrangement has that slot offset to one side, it also can only be clocked to the quill in one spot only.

To rotate the dizzy with the above mentioned designs requires removing the oil pump and the quill shaft 180 degrees, then spinning the quill shaft 180 degrees.

You have a 1983 turbo dizzy there.He has a 82. 1982 turbo dizzy is easily able to rotate 180* and that is why I suggested it. I should know cause I have 4 turbo l28 in front of me from different years and not reading from some book.

My original reply to this thread was pretty simple and was only to aid a fellow Z owner. RTz's reply to this and many other threads I have witnessed, is enough to make me leave this site. I am here to help because I have enjoyed what people do to their cars and plan to do some things to mine from the knowledge I have gained from others here. I try to help others so it doesn't feel like I am just taking. I have taken pics of parts, sent parts for free and helped with engine and electrical problems. Don't think you could have a better member and then to have a admin (who thinks he god) not questiion what I said but tell me I am wrong doesn't sit well with me.

Guess I will just take then. Hey admin remove me from Hyrid cause you don't have a remove in the cp

Nice to know some of you

There is a much easier way to fix a dizzy that is 180 out. Just pull the plug wires from the dizzy and move them 180 degrees.

• Administrators
You have a 1983 turbo dizzy there.He has a 82. 1982 turbo dizzy is easily able to rotate 180* and that is why I suggested it.

Post #1 says he has an '83. You made a technical error and I corrected it. That makes me bad?

My original reply to this thread was pretty simple and was only to aid a fellow Z owner.

Your help is appreciated, but if its incorrect information it confuses things further, yes?

RTz's reply to this and many other threads I have witnessed, is enough to make me leave this site.

Why would you leave a forum because you don't like one person? There is NO place you're going to go and like everyone. EVERY person here doesn't like someone. It's part of life.

One of our rules requests 'thick skin'. You should try it.