HybridZ

skateboard truck prototype ?'s

sweetride2go

My friend is working on these skateboard trucks, and this is the prototype. There is still some massaging to do here and there, there will be some minor asthetic and structural changes in the next prototype, and we still need to send this out for some actual testing at a park, etc...

My question to you, and for anyone else at the moment, is would you buy these(havn't worked out a price yet)? Do you see any changes that need to made (astheticaly and/or structurally)? Basically what he is looking for is objective critism and trying to guage interist in the product. Also, maybe you engineering types could chime in if you see an issue...

Any imput will help since I'm not a skater. I have to many other hobbies where I can easily injure myself, haha.

Cheers

Ryan~

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

I have been skating for about 8 years now and have shifted towards hill riding. What material are they made out of? Does the axle go all the way through the hanger? If you need someone to test a set, I will pay for shipping and be as rough on these suckers as I can be(under normal riding conditions). I will also provide great feedback!

If you need someone to test a set, I will pay for shipping and be as rough on these suckers as I can be(under normal riding conditions). I will also provide great feedback!

ditto, Im an avid pool skater of about 10 years

but my opinion based just on the photos is this,

it appears the axles are held in with an allen head screw? Id prob snap that in less than 5 min

looks to be aluminum? light weight is good, but they still need to be strong.

rounded edges near the pivot cup and across the hangers would be more benifital than angles.

They Look really flashy and Nice. I do like the exposed King pin and nut. That makes for easier replacement.

Thay also look like they set the wheels away from the board more than a conventional truck. That's Great for Vert ramp and Bowl skaters but most street riders like the wheels closer to the board. Better for flip tricks.

Also the square peg part of the pivot looks like it could use a bit of clearancing so it does not come in contact with the base plate during extreme lean.

How well will the metal used Grind and hold up to Grinding?. 1 reason that some truck companies (ie. Independent) and others have been soo successful is cause they do not break and they Grind really well giving loads of feedback without grabing the rail or coaping.

The axel Must be full length. Must be Light and Super strong. Skateboarders are hard on equepment.

Skateboarders are also Cheap! If they are more than $40-$50 a pair. They will not sell to "Real" skaters.

What's the benefits of these compared to your standard trucks?

My question as well. Create a niche market. Do something different that would be unique, no one else has and no else has came out with.

One thing I always wanted was some sort of spring mechanism that would allow me to ollie better. Kind of add to the height of my horrible trys! Also improve ride quality.

I still think a velco system on the deck / shoes would be stellar. The snow boarders have bindings and all why not skateboarders. Not great on the street but half pipes and pool riders would be incredible to watch.