HybridZ

Best injectors for MS

Scott_M67

Hi everyone,

My son and I are rebuilding a 280Z with a L28ET swap and will be doing the MS conversion as well. I'm watching Craigslist and cruise the junkyards for the EDIS system (assuming its the best system to use) and fuel injectors. Before I spend any money on injectors, which ones work the best with MS. For example, do the Eclispse 450cc DSM black tops play well with MS because they seem to be plentiful and pretty cheap. I'm also not clear on which injectors need to use dropping resistors or not. I'd like to keep it simple and use tried and true parts.

Thanks,

Scott

If you don't need to, don't run low impedance injectors with a resistor in line. The injector won't work as well as it could with a proper low impedance injector driver. There are plenty of good high impedance injectors that will work really well for you. I'd definitely go to a O-ring 14mm fuel rail.

The bosch EV14 injectors have one of the best spray patterns around. I'm going to be running them on my 2JZ swap.

Justin

I'd definitely go to a O-ring 14mm fuel rail.

The bosch EV14 injectors have one of the best spray patterns around. I'm going to be running them on my 2JZ swap.

Justin

one thing that has been stopping me from upgrading injectors is that im unsure if i have to have the injector ports on my manifold enlarged. or can I just use a smaller o-ring and use a 14mm injector? that is one thing i have been confused about since day one.

do you happen to have a part number for the injector you speak of?

What is the fascination with high flow rate injectors? Unless you are expecting to produce upwards of 400+ hp from a 2.8 liter 6 cylinder engine, you are wasting your money on 450cc injectors. If you have 450cc injectors on a 200hp motor you will be very disapointed with the tunability of the MS. Right size the injectors for the expected horsepower.

What is the fascination with high flow rate injectors? Unless you are expecting to produce upwards of 400+ hp from a 2.8 liter 6 cylinder engine, you are wasting your money on 450cc injectors. If you have 450cc injectors on a 200hp motor you will be very disapointed with the tunability of the MS. Right size the injectors for the expected horsepower.

Exactly. Bigger has to better, right? :icon56:

For an all out max power NA motor 300cc/min if more than enough (280cc/min turbo injectors work great for this application). For turbo, 450cc is a good place to start if you are tuning for more than 300WHP. I'm running 370cc/min on my turbo motor that makes 300WHP and I have plenty of head room. Remember, the larger the injector, the smaller the opening time at idle. Some injectors are kind of lazy at opening times of less than 1.2mS or so, which can cause a poor idle that you cannot tune out. It does depend on the injector though. Flow rates are not linear with opening time, and this is especially true with newer high flow designs. These newer injectors can produce a smooth idle and deliver the high flow rate when needed.

As far as low Z injectors with a resistor pack, I have never seen a problem MS. Use the PWM if you don't want to use a resistor pack.

Pete

I'm working on my NA motor as i can afford to do so, i dont need a huge flow rate injector, And i have ALWAYS been a carb guy. When it comes to carbs i'm a wizard.... EFI systems confuse me, so please excuse me if i throw out the ignorant question a time or two :P

Any advise on an injector in the 250 to 300 range?

And the MS system has my Interest, i have TONS of experiance with building circut boards so i should be alright with that.