HybridZ

what happens to a half shaft when.....

JoeinCA

nope, R180 halfshaft. the "clean" metal on the left is the part that is bolted into the side of the rear end.

it does kind look like a driveshaft, but i dont think driveshafts were filled with grease. and i am very sure this is a halfshaft, :-) i was the one that broke it.

cheers.gif ,

Joe

Guest Anonymous

Joe, pay attention: a half shaft for a better description is about half as long as a drive shaft and therefore when one is bolted in the side of the differential on either side it is shorter than the single drive shaft or half a shaft. Joe: just hang in there....

Guest Anonymous

LoL. Joe..I am not sure of my point but...now I see what happens when you spend the afternoon laying up fiberglass like I just did...VR John Washington is not kidding about brain damage inhaling those fumes. I take everything Tim 240 Z says as gospel and if he says your half shaft is a drive shaft well..........it is...I will just have to stay off the keyboard after the fiberglassing high...is this stuff a legal substance.Yeah put a chain on that Z you will wake up one morning and find it ran away from home.

LOL,

I understand completely... i got all sorts of goofy when i forgot to put my respirator on after mixing up my primer in a tent... and then i sprayed a full thick coat of primer with no respirator.... heh, better than drinking, but the headache is just as bad....:-)

Joe.