HybridZ

Heat and sound barriers

AkumaNoZeta

At this site they have a lot of heat and sound barriers http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sc&cid=7 My question is in regard of where the heat barriers can be placed. I would like to have the heat from the engine isolated from the cockpit (of course) but I've never dealt with anything like this and wondering if it works if you place it inside the firwall (under the dash so to speak) or if it has to be on the outside of the firewall (closer to the engine)? Also, how good is this product http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sp&pid=65 at isolating road noise and as a protective barrier such as an undercoating as they suggest? I was thinking of having the spray for under the car and on the inside having the floor and tunnel sheild stuff

I'm not sure what your application is but I'm using DEI products on my gutted, track car with very good results. Prior installing the DEI Floor and Tunnel Shield material, my right foot would bake and the transmission tunnel could nearly burn your after several minutes of track time. I needed to keep a glove on my hand to exit the car to prevent frying it while maneuvering over the bars and out of the car then dance around with one really hot foot. This, of course, was due to the proximity of the downpipe and exhaust system. I used a 4' x 42" piece of the shield and had enough material to cover the underside area effected by the exhaust and cover the driver's side firewall, floor and tunnel side. This really made a big difference and a much more bearable situation in the summer time heat. Also, I used DEI products to wrap some fuel lines and the cell at the rear of the car and turbo oil and cooling lines near the exhaust header up front. It's all good stuff and the adhesive backing works great on clean surfaces. That's my two cents worth!