HybridZ

Long over due update on my ZX, (retitled from "Hey guys and gals")

RUZN

So I'm about 5 years behind on this mod. But I just got the car a few months ago so... hehe

So Far:

Installing the 300zxt ECU (1987) today using male to femal connectors and solder to make sure everythign stays together =-)

Ported out my manifold to 65mm and installed the Maxima 65mm TB

Ported manifold to Head ports 32.5mm and matched to head 32.5mm

Took a 300zxt Turbo and cleaned it up mounted on Exhaust manifold and used the 280zxt Wastegate & adapted it tot he 300zxt compressor housing so the 280zxt downpipe works with my 3"Exhaust piping.

Changed all the old 280zxt Injector pigtails to 300zxt ones because they were newer and not cracking.

Bought a 10-140psi Fuel pressure regulator off Ebay that I will mount on stock rail.

Changed all fuel rubber lines to new.

Replaced all rubber vacuum hosing.

Still have some questions of were I should tap inot regarding Cooler lines for turbo as the 300zxt turbo has Coolant lines. Ideas anyone? *I was thinking T off the line going to theHeater core and wrap around back of the engine to the turbo then L back around and back to that line again .

Cant find any decent Injector prices so might have to save up and remain Low on Boost.

Ordered a Big FMIC intercooler 24"W x 12"H x 4"T (going to have to make up some piping for that int he next few days.

Going to adjust Valve lash sometimes today or tomorrow, Diconnected PS pump for now as its leaking. Question? can you run that rack without pump or should I replace pump soon and just keep filling it. I think bearing going on it from the sounds of things.

Iridium Plugs

NGK Wires

Magnaflow 3" exhaust

Painted everything lol well almost

Valve cover : Silver with Red turbo Writing

Intake manifold: Silver

PopOff Valve (modified to accept 12psi): Dark Blue

Exhaust manifold: High temp Black

CLeaned oil off block and the original blue paint appeared wow!!

Turbo: Silver like the intake mani.

Thinking Ill Remove bumper.. As of now I cut out the middle section to place intercooler in there but trying to track down some type of body kit that will briten up that front end.. Dont liek the 82 style front bumpers.

any suggestions? let me know.

also Anyone know of specific wheel flares that work with the 280zxt. Cause I'm getting a tad of wheel well rus so I was going to cut it out and flare them a bit.

Sounds like you're making good progress :icon14:

Still have some questions of were I should tap inot regarding Cooler lines for turbo as the 300zxt turbo has Coolant lines. Ideas anyone? *I was thinking T off the line going to theHeater core and wrap around back of the engine to the turbo then L back around and back to that line again ..

If it were me, I'd try extending the stock coolant lines that route into the throttle body and idle air controller for the turbo coolant lines (the ones that wrap in front of the head).

...Diconnected PS pump for now as its leaking. Question? can you run that rack without pump or should I replace pump soon and just keep filling it. I think bearing going on it from the sounds of things...

I removed the PS pump to make it easier to run my intercooler tubing. You can "loop" the hydraulic lines at the rack. But, it makes the steering kind of heavy. I want to get a manual rack and crossmember someday...

also Anyone know of specific wheel flares that work with the 280zxt. Cause I'm getting a tad of wheel well rus so I was going to cut it out and flare them a bit.
Rust huh? Well, the S130 have flares already built in. You could run S30 ZG flares on the S130. If you need more room, you could roll the inside. I've even seen "pulling" the outside, but it doesn't quite do it for me. You might as well run flares like you've mentioned, but I think it will look goofy unless you have wider wheels to fill the width accordingly. I've seen pics of Z31 flares on a S130 and it looks sweet!

Hope this helps, -hughdogz

[Edit: You need to follow the forum rules regarding descriptive thread titles. What you are asking doesn't fit into a "Guys and Girls" category. Plus there are only about three girls on this site :wink:]

Ah yeah the upper coolant line form the thermostat right.. Yeaaa good Idea.. Plus the TB I have has a top through line so I can snake it over that and then down I suppose. As for the PS pump ty for idea. Ill try that. I have a 280zx 1981 with recirculating ball or whatever (manual armstrong steering) but I hear it might hit the turbo so thus asking around for ideas.

TY for input though! will deffinately get rid of the PS and route those cooler lines

lol

Ty for title.. I'll be posting my 81 ZX for Parting or whole car to. But the floor pans are dying of rust and the frame by the floor pans. I cut all of it out so just needs that Pan kit ect ect. Engine runs great still went its stock 130mph. Im just taking the tranny 5speed for my Automatic Turbo swap. but if anyone needs some crap from it let me know. Ecu harnesses blah blah blah let me know hehe