HybridZ

300zx z31 suspension electronic wiring

stprasinz

ok I got a electronic suspensionfrom a 84 300zx it worked in that car, I removed and installed it in my 87 300zx na..... cut and spliced all the wires and it worked great.... while i was sick of the rats nest so I rewired the whole thing;) when I did the indicator bulbs blew???? now Im not sure if it works:( can anyone point me towards a z31 wiring diagram???? preferably color coded, autozone got rid of there old system and the new one keeps telling me unvalid???? ugh...... please help!!!!!

let me be more specific.. heck if someone wants to pull the switch out of the center and see which wire has power supplied to it!!!!. got the ground to the controll unit all wires are collor coded to the shocks so i got that right.. the only wire that was left Im afraid I energized the dimmer and popped the bulbs.... not sure please help!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

ok color code would help... but i think igot it figured out..... orange wire is hot, reason being its the swithced wire, and goes to ignition fuse on the diagram.... now I don't know which of the other 3 will be wich, as in soft normal and firm because..... my switch, and switch harness burned in my garage fire(along with just about everything else I own... and I don't know what resistance i should use, and when I tested it it was zero resistance????? because looking at the diagram they have resistors in place?? i don't wanna try and straight wire it and have it be wrong ya know.... so any help would be apreciated, I used to reference the autozone one but its been down for a while now... but i want this done by may 17th!!!! i'm fine with it till thn cuz I can't run on the street..... and drags want the mushy mushy for the launch.....

well i broke down to spend the 16.95 on a year subscription to all data... pretty cool stuff but cost like 36.95 for a year!!!!!! and its not color coded.. but..... gives the clip numbers....

so I'm good now;)

after i figure out which is soft, normal, and firm...lol.. i know it wasn.t hard to tell the diff. i love firm.... but the drags love soft.... so...