HybridZ

EDIS wiring confused

softopz

Im just about to begin my wiring on the EDIS, I already got the wheel and sensor hooked up ms2 is all wired from previous just switching to EDIS. I looked at the v3 edis and edis stickys theres no info on wiring. Now I am looking at the schematic for the EDIS 6 wiring Im using all the ford hardware including the coil pack my first question is

1. From the Ignition module there are 4 wires that run to coil pack 10 11 12 and the power . I only have 3 from the diagram Iam suppose to have 4 ?!

26082910115_large.jpg

2. pin 4 from ms forum shows unused and here on hybrid there is a revised pic that says "signal return GND" where does that hook up this I found under corrected wiring from "hisandherz" which diagram should I follow the revised or the ms website?

edis6ew-1.gif

edis6ew.gif

which should I follow.

The 25uf and 1N4003? resistors>? is it a must?

Lastly "flux capictor" thing what am i suppose to do with it? lol

26082910116_large.jpg

You need to get the correct 4 pin connector pigtail for the coil pack. If you will the connector, you will see that there a 4 pins in the coil pack.

Pin 4 I don't use. You can use pin 7 for shields for the PIP and SAW. Or you can shield them using GND in the MS.

I've never used the diode (just connect pin 9 to ground), but you should use a the 25uF capacitor to suppress any noise the coil may induce into the +12V supply.

edis6ew.gif

Thanks zya So the guy sold me the right coil pack with all the right hardware except the pigtail? That is definatly not it right? (maybe the VR is also different from module and what not)? Cause I remember somethings having to match from the same car.

Okay so im on my way to get a radio filter, and shielding cant find this stuff no where. I'll also look for the 25uf capacitor. I think ill try radio aka circuit city now in Canada. I wanna do this right i dont want any noise issues im also upgrading my alternator from a zx unit and already did the diode mod. Also got some magnecor wires so those should supress all that noise.

So is the capacitor that came with EDIS on fords a 25uf? Cause I went to a electronics shop and he asked me some questions and made me look stupid lol. From the way it looks like it just splits between the 12v switch power from Ignition Module to Coil pack?

Should I use a dependant 12v for the Ignition module ? cause I think mine is spliced into fuel pump

Aslo should use a dependant 12v for coil pack?

Ok zya Im pretty much done my wiring except for the coil pack waiting for the coil pack connector. Would I be able to remove or add pins in a connector. It looks like to be a special tool / crimper. This is something I have been wondering for a long time. Would it be possible if I just added the last wire in the connector. Cause I have no time to go to junkyards and look for connectors. Also its good friday and the long weekend so everything is closed here.

The cap should go from the coil power to ground. It should have a minimum voltage rating of 20V or greater. The + on teh cap must go towards the +12v coil power. I would have a separate circuit for the module and coil pack. A 10A fuse should be sufficient.

Your connector probably doesn't have a 4th pin in it, so you are better off just getting the correct connector with 4 pins and pigtails.

Ok I will find the proper connector however for the cap wiring I just got more confused; excuse my ignorance. How many pins are there on a capacitor? The one I have with the ford coil pack I guess I cant use there is only 1 wire connecting to it. I understood I should use a minimum of 20v or greater with a rating of 25uf. So a regular cap would have how many inputs on them? Your sayin one is for ground, one is recieving a 12v from lets say a new 12v fused circuit and another is 12v out to the coil?

• Administrators

This diagram below, to me any how, is much easier to interpret and is known to work. Follows what z-ya has been saying...

1) NO diode.

2) Pin #4 is unused.

My L-28 with MSnS-EDIS was wired exactly to this and functioned perfectly! We used this same wiring on our EDIS test bench for the EDIS-4, EDIS-6 and EDIS-8 as well.

Link to the EDIS test bench;

http://www.msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=14920

EDIS_6_MS.jpg

Its funny you just posted the link I was just going over the sticky not too much info on the capacitor thats the only thing thats got me confused.

This diagram does show things a litter better. The thing is I dont have a capacitor and Iam a visual learning person hehe. Cause the ford capictor has only 1 wire to it clearly thats not going to work for me. Also not having a capacitor I cant see how many inputs and outputs it got so it should have atleast 3 tabs to wire 12v or ground to?

Cause the ford capictor has only 1 wire to it clearly thats not going to work for me

You notice that the outside of the capacitor is metal, with a tag to mount it , that's the second wire (so to speak).

So the wire goes to 12v at the coil, and mount the capacitor near the coil.

Nigel