HybridZ

RB25 PCV valve? replacement needed

rayaapp2

So I know a lot of people just simply delete this "pesky little smog/emissions" item from their swaps. I have a for the most part complete stock swap. My PCV valve seems to be causing a boost leak, at least as far as my understanding of the function of the PCV valve is concerned. It acts normal until boost then leaks boost into my valve covers/crank case. The leak seams to have just started happening as the leak is pushing oil out between the seal of the oil cap and spilling over onto my motor. With all that said I do not wish to re-engineer the PCV system. I think that a $10 part should be a easier replacement.

I was thinking maybe the SR20 might have one, but its not purple so not the same exact part.

The RB20 and RB26 isnt the same either I checked. I dont want a used one. Id rather go to the Nissan Dealer to buy a new part as it makes more sense than searching and hoping I buy a good part.

Any ideas on the replacement part or part number?

Thanks Guys

Good luck with the nice shots of hot oil into your intake plenum.

The PCV system (working or not) would be the top of the list for worst emissions control devices on modern engines.

The Idea of having oil vapours (and most likely OIL with it) going back into the intake is not my idea of a "properly functioning emissions system" regardless of whether it was designed that way or not.

You wonder why cars don't pass emissions as they get older? Because of parts like the PCV system.

I've decided to not even route mine back to the intake infront of the turbo (bernoulli effect would pull the gasses in easier through the catch can)... I'm just going to run both valve cover ports to a catch can and put a small filter on the can.

Sorry. I just have had it with PCV systems and they do more harm than good. If you wanna be all stock just to be all stock... try a Z31 PCV.

the PCV system is the only thing I would change if you wanted to be 100% stock... it will SAVE your engine from a lot of gunk in the future.

engine checked out fine on a cold -2 degree day (didn't start for 2 weeks), with 150 across all cylinders.

It's not the first car I've seen where the PCV system itself was just inadequate. I don't like the idea of PCV into the intake at all.

but to each their own!

both valve cover breathers go to a single catch can that has a filter. any air sucked in by the system will come through the filter, any pressure being relieved from the system will be expelled form the filter.

if you want, you can put a filter on the valve cover that sucks in, and then run a hose to the inlet infront of the turbo (after the maf) and the effect of vacuum from the compressor wheel will suck the draft through the filter on the valve cover, through the crank case, pull oil with it into the catch can, and take the vapours and throw them into the turbo.

it evacuates a lot better this way, but oil vapour is exactly that... oil vapour.