HybridZ

Speaker location questions

Whats up all.. I've yet to post here (or if I have it's been awhile). I have a '76 280Z that I've been working on for 2 or 3 yrs now. Outiside I look stock but inside I've upgraded on my own - I have little mechanical knowledge so it takes time for me to do this stuff.

My question - can anyone give me advise if I'm going to cut into my door pannel to add a speaker. Any other creative locations for speakers? My other thought is console just above the shifter and by the driver/passenger knee.

Here is what I've done to the car.

Centerforce 1 clutch, resurfaced flywheel, new slave

Resealed the entire tranny (stock 4spd)

Replaced various stock parts in engine

Kenwood Stereo (in glove box)

Kenwood 6x9 rear speakers with speaker box (500W)

Yokahama Tires

What I'm doing this year...

Eibach lowering springs

Illuminas

Energy suspension poly bushing kit

Custom sway bars

Front and rear strut bars

Next year

Engine mods... not sure yet.

Exhaust

Lastly...

Body

I drive it like I stole it - when I can (it never sees rain or snow - I'm in MN)

Here are my pics

Outside

sideview.jpg

Clutch and Tranny

000_0361.jpg

HPIM0470-1.jpg

Interior

100_1522.jpg

100_5279.jpg

100_5281.jpg

100_5283.jpg

Cisco: That is a good looking 280Z. The carpet looks as though it has been replaced. Is that the stock location for the fuse panel? The remainder of the interior looks very good. I moved from the Minneapolis area back in 1979 to the southwest. Two months in the winter without the sun was a bummer. Have fun with the 280Z.

That car is like mint, I love it. I wish my interior looked that great. As for speakers, I don't know anything about audio systems except that long road trips suck without music. I was thinking for my Z to just put 2 speakers in the compartments behind the seats so that they're closer to the occupants, be less wire (less weight) and less weight on the outside of the axles. Yes, my reasoning is based on weight alone. If I didn't learn how much a DD sucks without a radio by ripping the entire system out of my Mustang I would have just ripped it out of the Z too...but I miss music

Thx - the guy I got it off of.. I don't think he realized what he had on his hands as much of it I haven't touched. When engine time comes around I'm looking to squeeze as much as I can out of the stock engine... I'm not too worried about weight casue it's a street driver. I don't race it and have no plans for that... but I do drive it pretty agressively. Maybe when I get to engine updates I'll get some more feedback as this form is really about making the car perform better and stereo is a nice to have not a need to have to go faster - and there is a ton of stuff on this site through search. Thought I'd give it a shot - later.