HybridZ

no tails! its getting dark...

ok i searched and searched, came back and searched some more... two days ago i put the 280 back on the road, drove and functioned perfectly...

today i was informed that i have no tail lights...

i have brake, headlights, and turn signals... but all of a sudden no running tails... the fuse is not popped the ground is solid... brake lights function in the same housing... sun is gooooooinggggg dowwwwwwwnnnnnn....

ahhhHhh

i worked on the tail lights for 4hrs yesterday... pulled the combo switch apart, replaced it with toggles... chased the wiring diagram till i was cross eyed... checked all bulbs... only my right side rear corner light was corroded, i swapped that bulb with a tail bulb... NOTHING, NOTHING, AND NOTHING........

i left the tail/corner light switch on before i gave up. woke up the next morning and the lights were on... wtf...

it has to be just the bulb connections...

all wires are good. under the column, the two wires for tails/corners were fried (idk why or how) fuses have always been good... i cleaned up the fried wires.

today, all lights are working, but im going to clean out the corrosion and get a couple new bulbs....

I had the same thing happen to me after I took the car out of storage. Turned out it was the fuse holders. I sanded all of the fuse holders in the fuse box and all the lights started working except the front side markers because the bulbs were rusted in.

i worked on the tail lights for 4hrs yesterday... pulled the combo switch apart, replaced it with toggles... chased the wiring diagram till i was cross eyed... checked all bulbs... only my right side rear corner light was corroded, i swapped that bulb with a tail bulb... NOTHING, NOTHING, AND NOTHING........

i left the tail/corner light switch on before i gave up. woke up the next morning and the lights were on... wtf...

it has to be just the bulb connections...

all wires are good. under the column, the two wires for tails/corners were fried (idk why or how) fuses have always been good... i cleaned up the fried wires.

today, all lights are working, but im going to clean out the corrosion and get a couple new bulbs....

Double check that corner light that was bad. I had the same problem and it turned out that it was the connections to the lamp were rusted causing a short. Hopefully that is your culprit.