HybridZ

My Z's engine is hurt, need help)

alright, I need some SERIOUS help now.

I fired up the Z today, and got a WONDERFUL metal hitting metal sound. the DAMPER looks like it's not straight and is tapping the timing plate from the looks of it. no unusual engine noise but I'm ALSO low on oil.

AND pushing in the clutch moves the crank enough for the noise to lessen!

the clutch still grabs like normal, so I don't think the rear main tore (I've had that happen on a bug, it wasn't a major tear, but the slightest bit of oil made the clutch turn to crap)

and I think the oil thing is normal and I just never noticed. it does love to burn oil when it's cold.

welp, I bought a new harmonic balancer, it's the SFI spec racing balancer MSA sells. I figure it SHOULD hold out till the new one comes in as long as I baby my Z. I think I should do a rebuild as well on my Z sometime this year, so I'm going to start piecing together a rebuild kit.

(I could use a fresh N47 head if anyone has one...mines been milled and I don't think it was shimmed, nor do I know how to find out how much it's been milled)

a Z N47. I want to see if it's possible to measure the head and figure out how much was milled, but I doubt that's possible. my engine USED to pull all the way to 6k no problem

but it could be that my umm...unusual fix I did was the reason why.

the FPR was siezed so the injectors were fed 100psi, so I just tightened the AFM spring till it ran good.

that can wait for a while though. for now I'm happy with my halfway decent engine that does 20+mpg highway