HybridZ

Ok bernarrd you are my only hope! Help me Obe Won!

RUZN

OK so trying to mess with TPS I get great throttle responce now. Everythign I expected maybe could have 5% more juice but this happens.. When I come to a stop say a red light. I go to drive again and its liek putputputputput and blows a bit of black smoke out back liek totally unburnt fuel for about 8 seconds then starts to go but cough and sputters the whole way about a block then starts to drive normal again.. Whats happening..

like how dose that happen after 5 mins of perfect stop and go.. is it because I unhook O2, or am I not getting enough Air? if so why? Also If I turn it off and then back on its liek that never happened lol

I have pics of my entire Setup on my album.

heres a list of converted parts.

1987 Turbo 300zxt ECU

1987 Turbo 300zxt

1986 TPS 300zx N/A

1985 VG30 MAF (6 pin ABCDEF all hooked up proper)

1991 60mm Throttle Body (bored intake to 65mm totally sealed to TB)

1982 Turbo 280zxt intake Manifold (ported to gasket to head & head port 32.5mm)

1987 DIZZY

1982 Stock Downpipe with stock O2 sensor in (tried disconnecting and connecting same issue happens)

Again I followed Afshins post to the T so from my knowledge im running extremely rich obviously causing the "Bog" effect right? which would be that black puffs coming from exhaust.

If I wide open it after a couple seconds I get my throttle back but it still coughs and sputters sooo is it just the TPS not exactly where it needs to be or whats my next course of action.

I know that I need the different O2 sensor Bernarrd said I could run without which is fine either way I trust the word of Bernarrd sooo if he sees this what do you think man!

also should I rotate the Distrubutor cap am I firing to late?

Only other thing I can think of is when I disconnected the Injector pigtails I misplaced where they go but on wiring Diagram it says :

#1: is Green with White strip

then 2 and 3 and green with black strips

then 456 are the green with yellow stripes. so possibly ones not in the right order? I have 1 on 1 and the two black strips in 2 and 3 and the yellows on the 456. now will it matter where they are if 456 are all yellow? will I have to trace it back to ECU (GAWD PLEASE NO!!)

Cause I idle just fine so not sure whats up.. Cause if injectors were on in wrong spot wouldnt it not idle properly

Any info or things to do next let me know

Also as I should should I turn the Distributor I'm thinking Buy a timing light tomorrow LOL advice please cause as I said I got awesome responce huge gogo for like 5-10 mins then all of a sudden its liek piiiig rich

Ok, sounds like you went into a conversion blind.

Get an O2 sensor in there and that will probably help a lot. You probably need new plugs now because it sounds like your running way rich which is causing you stumble off the line. It almost seems like it's not coming out of the warm up circuit once the engine is hot. Check all your connections. The injectors don't have to be in any order so long as they're getting a hot and a switched ground from the ECU. The do a batch fire injection meaning all the injectors fire at once. Get a timing light and see where you're at timing wise. I think your problems will disappear with a new set of plugs and a new O2 sensor though.

I was thinking that only cause when like you gas it and it actually gets to good RPM obviously the plugs are hotter and shedding some of that newly formed buildup you knwo and then when they cool down again they arent fireing proper cause its building up again. So yeah I'll get that O2 anyway but also do you know anything about how you would Wire up the 3 pin O2.. I think I posted wiring diags on my Album of 300zxt but from what I can see it looks liek they just get looped into the black wire near ecu but before any pins?

Three wire is a heated O2. One line should be a switched hot for the heating element and the other two are probably sense and control lines for the ECU. Or it could be the other way around, Two for heater (one ground one hot) and one for sense to the ECU, I'm not real sure at the moment.

yeah from what I see the Center B wire goes to 24 Pin and looks to be a ground shares other commons along way to Pin 24. Yellow wire goes to Pin 115 and G/W I think it says connects not only to Air regulator Power but Pin 34 So I Imagine I would just wire it like this..

Black (middle wire) to pin 24

Yellow (right wire) to pin 115

G/W (left wire) to pin 34

and I should be good..