HybridZ

R200 LSD swap QC

69sroadster

Okay I scoured the great wealth of information on the diff and just want a quick QC to keep me honest before I hit the "pay" button. I have a 79 280ZX 2+2 R-200 and am planning on a LSD unit for a 240sx open diff swap (KAAZ 1.5 way) and Z31 CV shaft swap (1986). These are compatible correct?

Also, does anybody know of a good shop to do the LSD swap in the Little Rock area? What would be an approximate price for the swap (minus the KAAZ)? I've heard anywhere from $300 for minor diff pieces to $1000 for all bearings/seals etc. Thanks for the advice so far. Hopefully I'll have some money left over to get those fancy motorsports axle stubs too, but the brakes need to be overhauled and they take priority.

I also appreciate the tips on eliminating the vibrations with driveline setup. I did a SR20 swap and suspect the custom driveline may not have been balanced, but will check all the angles too now. I have a vibration that seems to start around 60mph and gets crazy as you go faster. Already checked the wheels and wheel bearings.

Let me know if any of you are in the Little Rock area, I have a lot of parts now that I swapped motors.

• 4 months later...

I believe you can do this lsd carrier swap, but I thought that i read you need the cv's for the 88 SS w/ the vlsd. Or supposedly there is some j30 cv's that can be swapped on to the z31 axle.

oh on a side note,

I just did my r200 swap in my 73 240z and am having the exact same vibration. I changed the mustache bar bushings, and have a new front diff mount. I am running an rb25 with a custom driveshaft, but it was not bad before with r180. Can pinon angle do this??