HybridZ

Need help identifying my z

likely the Vin is just too old to be in the system. no record is a good thing. You'll need to talk to the DMV and see how they want to handle it. likely you'll have to get a Vin inspection. since the car was out of state, you'd probably need one anyway. Unfortunately you don't have a title that matches the Chassis VIN.

It might be a better idea to see if you can get your $ back. Either way, you have a legal case against the seller for non-disclosure. but just be nice. you'll get a lot furthor in negotiating with sugar than with salt.

The Vins coulda been swapped just for the new interior. there's tons of reasons they coulda been swapped, tho, getting it sorted out is a good idea. in the very least you should get a discount from the seller for having to deal w/ a questionable title.

Does anyone know how much of the firewall constitutes the "chassis"? There has to be a definitive line on when you're illegally swapping VIN numbers by cutting out the stamped portion of a good titled car and one that the title was lost long ago on.

How does this relate to the selling of clean VIN numbers of older cars such as 1st gen camaros for people who are doing full frame-off restorations?

Quite possible it is from another State, if so your State would not have it in their data base.

DO you have a Tttle for this car?? If so, just go ahead and transfer it to your name. If not, you many have a very hard time getting one.

FWIW,

Carl B.

likely the Vin is just too old to be in the system. no record is a good thing. You'll need to talk to the DMV and see how they want to handle it. likely you'll have to get a Vin inspection. since the car was out of state, you'd probably need one anyway. Unfortunately you don't have a title that matches the Chassis VIN.

It might be a better idea to see if you can get your $ back. Either way, you have a legal case against the seller for non-disclosure. but just be nice. you'll get a lot furthor in negotiating with sugar than with salt.

The Vins coulda been swapped just for the new interior. there's tons of reasons they coulda been swapped, tho, getting it sorted out is a good idea. in the very least you should get a discount from the seller for having to deal w/ a questionable title.

:burnout:Thats what happend to my Zcar it was sooo old and out of the system for so long there was no record of it in the system, and i didnt have a pink slip either just a bill of sale. They had to match the address of the previuos owner and then look for any liens or stolen status on the car so every thing came back clean and clear so 195.00 bucks later i had a new pinkslip in the mail, and new plates on my Zcar ! good luck compadre..........................................