HybridZ

Probably A Stupid Question About My Tranny...

tommyboy

I'm wanting to swap my tranny for a Borg Warner T5 but I need know if a T5 from an '83 280ZXT would fit my '81 N/A 280ZX 2+2? I know that the flywheel size is the same for a 2+2 and a turbo, but I'm not sure If the driveshaft from my car would fit the T5. If you guys could help me with this, I'd REALLY appreciate it. Thankx :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I think if its a Automatic then the driveshaft length or coupler is different or something , pretty sure theres a Post on here i saw.

I have a whole car 1981 with T5 and shaft so im just swapping it all over. so look on here further I know its here I saw it last week im sure

IIRC the shaft length is different, search will bring it up for definate. if there's not just in a sticky in the drivetrain forum giving shaft lengths for manual and auto converters.

The only silly question concerning trannys is the ones asked by the poor chumps going "Whys my girlfriend got a dick?" And the only stupid question is the one thats not asked :D

I hope you're safe on that front :D