HybridZ

e85 lq9 Z

I ran methanol for over a year in a 3 gallon fuel cell in the trunk my 510 and was very carefull about the fuel system components , hard anodized aluminum, stainless or teflon fuel lines . What I did do was to run Klotz Uplon with the methanol, this helped to prevent the alcohol from absorbing water and limited corrosion.

http://www.klotzlube.com/storeProdDetails.asp?pi=20

The current E85 setup currently is using the same fuel cell , but with larger fuel lines and more injectors to allow 100% E85 under boost. Care was taken to select parts that were compatable with alcohol . Klotz Uplon will be used with the E85 as well, friends have used 100% E85 in turbo Honda`s using larger injectors and stock/modified ECU and AEM EMS respectively . The fuel tanks were boiled out and coated with KBS coatings

http://www.kbs-coatings.com/Tank-Sealers_c_7-1-0.html

the fuel lines were upgraded in one of the Honda`s (with a turbo H22) not because of a corrosion problem, but because the stock fuel lines wouldn`t flow enough fuel .

• 6 months later...
Is anyone running pump E-85 in their L28T Hybrid Z? I'm thinking about setting mine up for regular pump or E-85 for the future.

— Lee

Yes - I am...

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=140128

In the time I have been running E85, I have had to make a couple of adjustments - I've had two Walbro pumps fail, and have replaced my dual pump setup with a big single pump from Fuelab that is rated for methanol/Ethanol use. I'm not going to be terribly quick to attribute this to the E85, though, as there is a documented issue with Chinese Walbro copies being on the market, and the failure rate of these pumps seems to be pretty high regardless of what fuel was being used. They are said to be indistinguishable from the real thing, so this could easily be my problem, as I did get a pretty good price on them. Also, there are several people that have reported using the Walbro with E85 and no issues, so who knows? Just didn't want to keep beating my head against the wall with that pump.

Also, my other pump, purchased from Kinsler (I believe it's a Bosch) was folding up just fine.

Also, I had been using a pair of Barry Grant screen filters at the pump inlet, which are supposed to Clear Anodized. Givenb the amount of pitting I've found inside the housings, I'm thinking maybe Clear Anodozed = Not Anodized. Getting a Single Fuelab filter to match the pump...