HybridZ

JTR BOOK

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Will this book tell you what wires to hookup to your v8 z,using the existing wires like starter,alt.Just bought a z that had a v8 in it.Wires under the hood look like a bird nest.

Just getting started.

Guest Anonymous

don't worry too much about the wiring. if you take your time and use a factory wiring diagram with the jag's book then you should be ok. what year of car do you have. i have a 76 280Z. i had quite a bit of wiring to remove but if you have an older one non-computer or fuel injected then you should be ok.

Guest Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by 10sec.Z:

Will this book tell you what wires to hookup to your v8 z,using the existing wires like starter,alt.Just bought a z that had a v8 in it.Wires under the hood look like a bird nest.

Just getting started.

It is a 78 280 z.

Thanks...76 280z speeder for the info!

[This message has been edited by 10sec.Z (edited July 31, 2000).]

Actually, I found swapping a newer fuel injected motor to be a lot easier than a choked up carburetor setup. With the FI motor, all related engine wires are bundled into a separate and independent wiring harness that goes to the ECU. Once this is removed, the remaining wiring job is a breeze. However, I spent WEEKS re-wiring my early 74 260Z. Stupid Datsun engineers decided to integrate the emission control wiring into the main wiring harness, Very dumb. The entire wiring harness had to be pulled apart. I took pictures, it wasn’t pretty. I’m glad they finally had it figured by 1977, my first V8 conversion. If had to start off on a 74 with all the extra crap, I’d still be working on it.

Good luck

-Andy

I went with a Painless Wiring 18 circuit harness, it was sooo easy it made me nervous

that I was doing something wrong!

It doesnt have the EFI engine harness portion

though, this will either come with your engine or with your aftermarket EFI kit.

Owen

PS Andy, what kind of EFI engine and setup

are you using?

------------------

http://www.homestead.com/s30z/index.html