HybridZ

Help no fuel pump prime & no spark !

gumby240

I have the MS2 with the V3.57 & 2.888 its in a 240Z with a 280ZX turbo motor using the '83 turbo dizzy & I am not getting spark or fuel pump prime or pressure. I have checked the pump & the wiring for the relay and for the pump & its good, so I think I just don't have something configured right. Any suggestions on what to try first ? I have read Moby's writeup and the manuals.:icon56:

Guest Rolling Parts

There is an associated ignitor(transistor) that should be on the coil mounting bracket.

There is an optical sensor in the distributor.

You should have added the "pull-up" circuit run to the distributor.

You could diagnose any of those...

There is an associated ignitor(transistor) that should be on the coil mounting bracket.

There is an optical sensor in the distributor.

You should have added the "pull-up" circuit run to the distributor.

You could diagnose any of those...

Well I bought it assembled from DIY & I know it has the coil driver installed so i didn't think i needed the ignitor is this correct? I am not sure i have it configured right as far as timing & trigger.

Guest Rolling Parts

Sorry, I should have asked if you were using the VB921 (or BIP373) transistors or the stock Nissan driver. The V3.57 does not normally come with one installed. I guess that leaves the optical sensor in the dizzy and the pull up circuit for testing...

Sorry, I should have asked if you were using the VB921 (or BIP373) transistors or the stock Nissan driver. The V3.57 does not normally come with one installed. I guess that leaves the optical sensor in the dizzy and the pull up circuit for testing...

Sorry but what is the pullup circuit?

Ok so i really need some help here i have no spark & no fuel pump prime going on. I am pretty sure i have everything wired right but i am not sure i have everything configured right in mega tune, i am a newbie to computer stuff i have worked on many z cars and done a little tuning but some of this is over my head, am i in to deep?

Did you load the code? If so try re flashing remember to REMOVE jumper on ms board. Usually the wierdest problems are caused by bad code flash.

What msq are you using maybe you should attach so people can assist you more.

Check your power to your MS and fuel pump see if gets 12v + power in switch and RUN.

Cause you have power at distributor wire but thats a different wire.