HybridZ

DIM HEADLIGHT

Guest zfan

ANYONE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH DIM HEADLIGHT?

PASSENGER SIDE IS VERY DIM. TRIED REPLACING BULB, CLEAN OUT SOCKET, REWIRE AFTER CHECKING CONNECTIONS, NO SUCCESS!!!!!

DRATS WHAT A PAIN IN THE BUTT!!!!

I'VE HEARD ABOUT LOUSY FUSE BOXES, ANY COMMENTS? OUT OF IDEA'S, AM NOT AN ELECTRICIAN SO...@%**^@@@______!!!

THANKS

MIKE

Guest Fast Frog

Had this happen many times.

Check your ground for that particular lite. Often, the wires near the hd lite or nr a hd lite connector get corroded and the ground gets weak causing the lite to dim. If necessary, rewire your ground directly to the body or known ground point.

[This message has been edited by Fast Frog (edited August 10, 2000).]

Yo - check the tech section! Some dork posted a tech article on how to cure wiring blues with the headlights.

Seems the voltage for your headlights must travel from the battery, through your fusebox, through your headlight switch (?!), and then through the harness to BOTH bulbs. By the time it gets there the voltage is in the toilet, the amperage is through the roof, and your headlight switch is starting to smoke.

Just don't buy the same harness he did - he spent way too much and there are cheaper harnesses out there that will work as well or better for you. If you've upgraded your headlights or are considering it this upgrade is a MUST!

I take exception with that "DORK" comment... I happen to know that he is a very nice guy who knows a thing or two about cars....

BLKMGK AKA JIM P. You wacky guy you...

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

LOL!

Seriosuly, I'd be swapping out that harness. the difference just in how bright my headlights are, not to mention no more smoking headlight switch, is amazing. I've got Hella H4s now and intend to run more wattage when the V8 goes in - I'd never be abel to do this with the stock harness.

The ONLY downside I've seen other than cost is that you can't flick from high to low beam as quickly. The relays introduce a touch of "lag" as they switch back and forth. It's no big deal but it's the one annoyance I've found.

Now, if someone would just write an article on reqiring the whole fusebox... :-) I need to hit PepBoys for their "Help!" fuse blocks just to see what potential they offer....

I used the painless wiring block with ata style fuses and it isn't a pain IFFFFF you pull the interior and dash.... If you want to leave most of the car in place, you will have issues, but ti can still be done!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

THANKS FOR THE IMPUT GUYS..

TURNS OUT AFTER ALL IT WAS A FAULTY SOCKET.

I TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE AND JUST TRIED BYPASSING THE SOCKET AND WHAMEEEE.

FIGURES, OH WELL.

THANKS AGAIN.

MIKE