HybridZ

SPORT MAX 002 TIRE size?

I have the gold sport max 002 16x8 3 inch lip,

I just wanted to see what tire size you guys think i should get.

I was thinking about 225/50/16 all around

or

225/50/16 front and 245/50/16 rear will this make a big difference

open to any suggestions

depends on your wheel wells. you're probably going to have some rubbing if you don't have flares. Also, what to you drive your Z for? just everyday, or club events, I'd match all the tires for rotational and swapping reasons. though if you're going to be racing, the additional width is traction, and that helps. So what kind of driver are you, and what is your usage? I'd recommend matching all 4 to the same size. I think there's a discussion on here already about tire size, you might search.

Phar

I'm using 245/45/16 out back and 225/50 up front.

i'm going to switch to 225/50 all around though when I get a chance to mount my new tires.

I'm also using 235/60/15 drag radials for track use.

I need to roll the fenders as those do rub a smidge over bumps in the road when I drive on them lol

I see many people get taller tread up front such as 50 and then 45 in the rear. Any reason?

I went with the taller aspect ratio up front as I went with a narrower tire than out back. With the widths and ratio's staggared the overall hieght stays similiar front to rear.

• 3 weeks later...