HybridZ

Overheating?

Livin9it2up1

Setup, Stock L28et in a S30z.

I went for my first test drive sence i bought the car, and the first full throttle run, spun 1st with no effort. a Minute later, my friend went for a quick run and as soon as it gets to boost i dies out. I would consider Fuel, but i let it sit for a few minutes to let it cool down, and give it another try, and i have power again. I have a stock 280zx radiator with a (Small) single electric fan. Is their a posibility the ECU is keeping it from Reving up high to keep from engine damage. By the way i dont have the temp gauge hooked up so i can tell how hot its actual getting (working on it tomorrow).

Look at the EFI Bible, but I seriously doubt the ECU is anywhere near that smart. I'd be looking at all your sensors, blown pipes, etc. Fuel pump sounds like a culprit. Get the gauges on there! Did it puke coolant? Is it full?

Fuel Pump is brand new, so i hope thats not it. I wanted to do a filter before the pump but i couldnt find one with a big enough inlet and outlet.

Unplug the 02 sensor if not already unplugged and see if you get the same results.

Same Results when O2 is unplugged.

Sorry everybody waiting for a reply, i haven't been on in a couple of days.