HybridZ

VG30DE (or TT) measurement needed

z1 zonly

Hey guys, I need to know the distance between the bottom of the engine block and the mouth of an installed pickup tube on a VG30DE or DETT.

I'm trying to figure out the gap between the intake of the pickup tube and the bottom of the oil pan. Thanks!

Hey guys, I need to know the distance between the bottom of the engine block and the mouth of an installed pickup tube on a VG30DE or DETT.

I'm trying to figure out the gap between the intake of the pickup tube and the bottom of the oil pan. Thanks!

I'm undressing my VG30DETT this weekend, so I'll measure if nobody else speaks up.

I'm a little confused I got one sitting on my shop floor what exactly are you asking for?

Verticle measurement from bottom of block (at pan gasket) to center of throttlebody? If you can clarify better I can get you an answer right away

With the oil pan installed, what is the distance between the bottom of the oil pan and the mouth of the pickup tube?

The measurements would be:

1) The depth of the pan, measured from the flange to the lowest point of the sump.

2) The "height" of the pickup tube off the engine. With the pickup tube installed, measure from the bottom of the block (oil pan mating surface) to the highest point of the tube.

The difference between these two measurements is how far the pickup tube is up off the bottom of the pan.